Sunday, September 18, 2016

To provide some context.

To give some context to the post I made earlier, it was supposed to be a response to a captioned picture a friend posted, but I thought it would better here. It deals with the struggles (in a humorous manor) of life. You try to make yourself look happy, but in realty your "stumbling" through life without to much direction looking for purpose.

I am 27 years old, and due to financial circumstances, I still live at home. In many ways I feel as if I am stuck in this sort of "middle area", between being a young person and being an adult (of some sort).  What's my direction? What will the future hold? What am I doing with my life? In short, I'm scatter brained. Trying to answer those questions, while dealing with work, bills, and the long process of writing a novel series.

Childhood does look like a simpler period time, you didn't have as much freedom to make decisions or go where you want, but everything seemed to just fall into place. Nothing to worry about, just do your homework and then go watch TV and play with your legos, or decide what video game you'll play next. Again, simple.

Now, you have to decide whether or not jump headfirst into life decisions or plan it out and throughly. You have to think about money and deal with the cruel tricks life throws at you. The crazy dreams are tempered by reality and the world expects you to be one way and you would prefer to be something else. You try to act like an adult, but you would rather be a kid again.

It's all confusing, hell, what I just wrote might make no sense to most, but life doesn't seem to make any, anyways. I guess the question in the end is, what is the meaning of life? Perhaps it just to be a good person and give to society. Or maybe there is a spiritual aspect to it. Or it could simply be different per-person. But when but it's you, you'll likely know.

No comments:

Post a Comment