Tuesday, October 3, 2017

An Apology for my Comments

Yesterday was a whirlwind of emotion for everyone, one of the worst shootings in American history. When I see a disaster happen, I will always look for the truth, and try to assess the situation to it's fullest, however I am subject to the emotions caused by and my political leanings, as much as I try to curb.

My apology is for those who were offended to my reactions to an Onion article posted by "Star Trek". actor Will Wheaton. The article (linked below) entitled "‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens", uses the same text four times with changes in image and names in the text.

To me, the Onion, is a news site used for humor, not for real news and political commentary. To me, it appeared insulting to use one of their articles during a tragedy (this is the site that posted pieces on Biden selling Pot and Tim Kaine shoving crackers into a voting machine). The addition of blaming the NRA (who I've seen yet to even issue a statement or mentioned in the Onion piece) by saying "Fuck the NRA" just seemed like unwarranted attack, even against a group I don't support.

My response to this is not in keeping with my own personal rules on discussing politics and lowered myself to the level the troll. It also is not in keeping with the message of this blog, which is to provide my opinions in an eloquent manor and promote intelligent civil discourse.

Again, I apologize, my comments were offensive, and,I was error in my interpretation of the article; I have since deleted those posts.

Thank you.

Link:
http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-36131

No comments:

Post a Comment